Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Daddy named you

Last night we were talking about baby names for the new one. It was more like I was *hoping* to talk about it, but at least the topic came up. We were talking about different types of names (unique vs. traditional) and different spellings (unique vs. common vs. ethnic). I told him in general I liked the unique names, but would pick the most common spelling regardless of what name I picked.

Moving on...

I admitted to Michael that I was scared of the baby being a boy because we had such a hard time coming up with a boy's name last time. Yet I am scared of the baby being a girl because I can't imagine finding a name I like as much as Ellie's. I told him that leaves one option: We have to have a gender-neutral baby.

Daddy: I'd rather not go that way, but we should name the baby Mo.
Mommy: Mo? That's horrible.
Daddy: (smiling) And we'll spell it M-A-U.
Mommy: You forgot the "x".
Daddy: (laughing) M-A-U-X. Maux. That's awesome! Can we name the baby Maux?
Mommy: We'd be telling the baby you named him.
Daddy. Maux. Awesome. Let's do it!
Mommy: I'll give you the next best thing.
Daddy: What's that?
Mommy: I'll blog about it.
Daddy: Deal.

No comments: