Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

Bedding: The winner

I won't bother to show you all the bedding that I considered for Ellie's room (I'm trying to limit myself to being crazy like that for only baby nurseries), but I will show you the result.
It's not quite our number 1 pick, but when taking into consideration things like price and available stock, this is what we ended up with. I like it a lot, though, maybe even more than the others. I like how the flowers give the quilt a sense of irregularity. I wish there were butterflies on the quilt, but I still plan to add those to the room decor. I also love how many colors there are, so it should be easy to decorate around. I'll be sure to post pictures of the result.

On a related note, we took Ellie to look at big girl furniture. She had so much fun! I think she now believes that a big girl bed is like a jungle gym play set because her favorite beds were the ones way up high, where she had to climb a ladder or stairs to reach the bed. She did a lot of jumping, pretending to sleep and even reading books on the beds in the showroom. It was pretty cute, and for the rest of the evening she talked about her future big girl bed.

I hope she's not disappointed because we're not getting one of those sets. We loved them, but they're so much more expensive. Maybe we'll get her a loft bed when she's older?

We also got her a butterfly pillow for her new room. It's become her new favorite friend and she likes to carry it around by its antenna. I'm hoping that she'll be excited with the room that matches her new butterfly friend.

And since this post really isn't all that cute or funny (it is Monday morning, after all), I will end with this: When we asked Ellie what her butterfly's name was, she said, in as deep of a voice as she could, "Luke Fader." How random is that? Funny as heck, but still random. It reminds me of That's Some Pig's little girl imitating her father when he says "Luke, I am your father" whenever he has something in front of his mouth. These little ones always surprise us with laughter, don't they?

4 comments:

Salina said...

I love that bedding...and yay for butterflies! Can't wait to see the final result.

On a side note, I get all my craft ideas for the kids from this website: www.notimeforflashcards.com

She has tons of great ideas and seems to keep the mess fairly contained. I can't wait until my two are older and I can do some more of her ideas (we are doing all the beginner stuff...click on index then beginner).

spleeness said...

That's really adorable! I really like how you can match it with all kinds of colors, even yellows. What was your first choice?

I fell in love with a new bedspread over the weekend and wanted to buy it for Flagstaff. I thought I'd just wait until I got out there and then get it. But it sold out AS I was saving my cart. Bummer! So I sympathize about you not getting your first pick... :)

(OH and my absolute FIRST choice was $400 and I refuse to spend that much on a blanket. The one that sold out was a close mimic. ugh.)

Anonymous said...

All of the above are very cute - the bedding itself, Lorielle trying out the beds, and the butterfly pillow. =)

Jen

Niffer said...

Thanks guys for liking the result. I hope it gets here in time for us to decorate her room next week!

My top choices was this one:
http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=42662&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=1470d3c&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=42249|42447|42650&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=5&CmCatId=42249|42447|42650|42662

OR this one:
http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=42662&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=14262b3&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=42249|42447|42650&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=6&CmCatId=42249|42447|42650|42662

I also thought about this one:
http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=42663&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=15521d6&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=EXTERNAL|42650&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=13&CmCatId=external|42650|42663

This is the one I originally ordered, only to find out it was back-ordered:
http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=59474&CatID=60555&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=1557420&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=EXTERNAL|60555&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=9&CmCatId=external|60555