Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Mor Dums Pease!

WARNING: If you happen to be Ellie's Daddy, DO NOT continue to read this post!

Finally, Daddy gets a break from his nightmare he's been in for the last month or so. About a month ago Ellie's grandma was nice enough to give us a CD filled with Bear Songs. It's been her favorite since. It has also caused Michael all sorts of torment.

Two songs in particular haunt him in his sleep: "Backpack Tree" (about how backpacks are a bear's favorite thing to eat) and "I can't wait to hibernate" (about how a few months of sleeping makes a bear feel great).

But there is hope. Apparently Ellie likes Paul Simon. Do you hear the angels singing hallelujah? I'm sure Daddy does. Don't you think it's a little weird that the very first NON children's song artist that Ellie likes is Paul Simon? More specifically, she LOVES the drums. Many of the songs on his Graceland CD have great drums and she likes it a lot - especially when we point out the many drums to her by taping along with the beat ourselves. The way we figure it, ANYTHING that can be done to get her to like this music, we'll do it!

In particular, her favorite song now seems to be "Call Me Al." I can't say I blame her. It's a great song.

So... What other artists use a lot of drums? LOTS OF DRUMS! MORE DRUMS!

Please, help us! For Daddy's mental sake!

3 comments:

kc said...

drums a plenty-- and paul simon. I'm guessing you may have this but if you don't this is a great album and TONS of drums and paul simon. http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Simon/e/B000APZQYK/ref=ntt_mus_gen_pel

kc said...

epecially "The Obvious Child"... there's a GREAT drum solo in that song.

Niffer said...

I've heard the Obvious Child song before and I love it. I can't believe I forgot about that option. I'll have to check out the entire CD. Thanks!

And I'm sure Ellie would thank you too. As she says "I lick de dums." She likes the drums enough to tell us every time she hears them.