Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Big Girl Room

So it's not quite a finished product, but I figured it was close enough to post pictures of Ellie's big girl room. The two walls above her bed are a little busy but I think I like them.
Here is a close-up of one of the four pictures hanging above her wall. Ellie and I made a bunch of pictures of butterflies and flowers using her hand prints and foot prints (there is one butterfly that has my hand prints as well). I think it turned out cute and Ellie seems to be proud of the fact that her hands are worthy of being framed.
A close-up of the bed with the "Luke Father" butterfly pillow and a pillow that Grandma made when Ellie was born. I really like the quilt I ended up getting. Note the picture of Ellie and her best friend on the nightstand.
Here is the room looking the other direction, complete with more butterflies, a chalkboard, and garden stuff on the shelf. Ellie likes her new bookshelf and how she can pick out her books every night.
Here is a close-up of the butterflies on the wall. I tried to make them look like they were flying out of the water can. I think it goes without saying that Ellie's room has more stuff on her walls than I've ever put up in a single room before, but I suppose whatever goes up can also come down.
And finally, the least finished part of the room. Now would be a good time for me to list the things I'm still hoping to do to the room:

1. Picket fence headboard
2. Curtains
3. Framing pieces of lace that Ellie's great grandma made
4. Cross stitch with a girl looking at a butterfly on a branch of flowers
5. Growth chart on her door or door frame
6. Toddler rocking chair

So, other than it being brighter than you probably imagined... what do you think?

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Very sweet! Love the art!

Niffer said...

Thanks! I'm liking the art a lot too.

Unknown said...

I love it... looks much better with the busy stuff going around the corner.

spleeness said...

omg I love it! It's so beautiful, cheerful, cozy and inviting!

Niffer said...

Thanks, Spleeness! I thought so too!

Char said...

Wow I love it!!!! I hope to do more with Thomas room once I get pregnant...I'm slowly collecting everything for his big boy room and holding it on the side!!!

Niffer said...

Char - You'll have to show me pictures when the time comes!