Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Maybe I can start remembering now

My sweet husband got me a year's worth of massages and yesterday I had my second one. I did lay on my tummy during the massage but it will probably be the last time because my tummy is growing so much.

But exciting news! I felt the baby move! I'm 15 weeks pregnant so the timing is just about right. I tried to look up when I first felt Ellie move but all I could find was a post about doubting myself at 14 weeks. I'm guessing the following couple weeks were filled with "Is that the baby or is that gas?"

But this time I know. It's not gas. However, it doesn't even feel like an upset tummy like it did last time. This time it felt more like a parasite crawling inside me. Doesn't that sound cute and cuddly?

Anyway, I decided to go all out. I felt the baby move yesterday so today I'm wearing my favorite pregnancy shirt (with the baby on the tummy) for all the world to see. Maybe if I start really announcing it, combined with feeling the baby move, I will actually remember that I'm pregnant once in a while. What a novel idea.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats on feeling the baby move!

IMHO now is NOT the time to give up massages! You can find LMT that are specially trained to do pregnancy massages and know which pressure points to avoid. Your mw/doc/whatever should be able to recommend one. Nothing is better for 3rd trimester swollen feet!

Niffer said...

I'm definitely NOT giving up the massages. They're here to stay, baby! Well, at least until my one-year of massages is up.