Pages

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Bad day - good hair day

I nearly cried today when I picked Ellie up from daycare. We can blame it on the hormones, maybe. Maybe not. But let's explore why Niffer nearly cried, shall we?

Was it the big bruise that Ellie had on her nose? How does one fall so hard that they give themselves a black nose? Ouch! She told me all about the fall and how it hurt her nose and her finger. Then she said "Jana hug Lyla. Bett hug Lyla. Linay hug Lyla." I'm guessing the attention she got after her fall made it much much much more bearable.

Look at the scratches on her nose! And you can kind of see the bruise, but the flash washes it out quite a bit. Alas, it was not the bruise that got Niffer upset.

It was the hair. Ellie had her hair braided! Did you know her hair is long enough to BRAID???? I certainly didn't. Am I the only one who thinks that braids are for older children? Little ones should stick to the Pebbles ponytail look, don't you think? Their hair is just simply NOT LONG ENOUGH TO BRAID. Ellie's included. When did she pass that milestone?

But you have to admit, this little girl is awfully cute with braids. And now that they're in, I do not believe they will ever come out. I don't know how Miss Jana got them in - Ellie certainly never lets me touch her hair enough to do this kind of magic. They're so darn cute that as far as I'm concerned, I'm never taking them out. Let them fall out eventually, but I'm guessing these braids are good for a couple days!

4 comments:

spleeness said...

Aw! Even all bruised, she looks absolutely adorable. What a cutie with those braids!

Niffer said...

She is kind of adorable in a pathetic "I hurt" sort of way, isn't she?

Heidi said...

I totally dig the braids! So cute! I would never thought of trying them yet either. Awww!

Niffer said...

Her hair is longer than it looks, I guess. The other day she came home with ALL of it pulled into a nice looking ponytail.