Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

The wonders of a poopy diaper

As I mentioned earlier, Ellie constantly wants to help out with Baby Addie. The other day she helped change Addie's diaper - apparently Ellie's first diaper change.

Ellie: I wanna hold my baby.
Daddy: Oh, but it's bedtime.
Mommy: Do you want to help change her diaper instead?
Ellie: Yeah!
Mommy: (pulls up a stool for Ellie) Here, climb up so you can help.
Daddy: You're going to help by handing me some wipes and the diaper.
Ellie: Ok. Is baby's diaper ave poop?
Daddy: Yep, there is poop in the diaper.
Ellie: (very sincerely) OH WOW!
Daddy: Can you hand me a wipe so I can clean her bum?
Ellie: OH WOW!
Daddy: Now can you hand me a diaper?
Ellie: Yep. Is clean now?
Daddy: Yep. Thanks for helping me change Addie's diaper.
Ellie: Oh wow. You're welcome.

No comments: