Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Ever noticed the zebras?

You know the animals, right? They're the ones that look like little horses with black and white stripes? They make funny sounds that are nothing like horses, but they're still pretty easy to pick out from a crowd of other animals, right?

Now tell me this... which direction do the stripes go? Last I saw a real zebra (and I admit it's been a while, so my memory may be failing me) the stripes go up and down. Maybe the zebras you've seen are different. Maybe I was looking at the ones I've seen with my head tilted or something.

I have you wondering where this is going now, don't I? ***EVERY*** zebra we have on a toy, in a book, or even on a recent birthday card invitation (for those of you who know Andy) has the stripes going from head to butt. Are there two types of zebras? Why would companies that make products related to children put the stripes horizontally if they weren't real?

Let me know if you have that kind of zebra at your local zoo and maybe I'll come visit you!

No comments: