Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

French Class

Last week I almost forgot about French class so I picked Ellie up late. She knew I was late. As soon as she saw me, she ran to me and said "Fen cass!" as if she was saying "hurry, Mommy!" On the way out the door I told her that I was sorry for being so late.

In the car she seemed very serious.
Ellie: Mommy?
Mommy: Yes?
Ellie: Umm... I wan Fen cass! (in a concerned voice)
Mommy: You want French class?
Ellie: Yeah (still concerned)
Mommy: Ok, that's where we're going.
Ellie: Good (sighs with relief).

The poor girl thought that we were too late to make it for class!

Did you notice the full conversation? Did you? I certainly did. I think it was the most real conversation I might have had with her up until this point. It seemed like there was more back-and-forth between both of us. And did you notice how excited she was for French class? She loves it!

No comments: