Pages

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Our morning

This morning was very pleasant for me but I'm not sure why exactly.

Ellie got dressed with relatively little fuss. She even let me put in cute little barrettes into her hair.

Then we came downstairs and played with Ellie's new big green ball while Daddy was cooking breakfast. She called all the plays with commands like "fewt Mommy" or "fewt Daddy" or "fewt right dere!" or "fewt Lala". In case you don't know what "fewt" means, "throw it" becomes "few it" becomes "fewt". Lots of fun.

After that, we watched the garbage truck come by. This is a favorite weekly event for us. Yep. Garbage truck entertainment. Fun stuff. Note the proper garbage truck watching technique - nose fully against window for best results.

Then we ate breakfast. Ellie sat in a big chair and ate eggs and ham. Afterwards, she had Daddy carry her out to the car like he always does. They then had an "no, I love you!" and "No, I lo luu!" contest. And off we went.

So no, really there wasn't anything special about this morning, but it was very special to me. Imagine what it will be like to multiply "special" by two.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Her hair is getting so long! Yeah for barrettes! I'm torn...I love how very babyish O's hair is now, but I can't wait to see what it's going to look like. It certainly isn't anything like her big brother's.

Niffer said...

We go through cycles. For a while she let me put her hair into ponytails (often 2 or 3 of them) because I would say "do you want a ponytail like Brynn?"

That stopped working but recently I can get her to agree to barrettes **IF** I put some in my hair first. The flowers on hers have helped too.

I love it when she lets me put her hair back, though, because I'm trying to get it to grow out. If I cut everything that naturally falls into her face like bangs, then she'll only have bangs. This girl has a permanent comb-forward. IT ALL LAYS STRAIGHT FORWARD LIKE BANGS!!!

Anonymous said...

AC loooves that garbage truck too. Who knew that having kids would turn the garbage truck run into an exciting morning event.

Niffer said...

I bet the garbage truck men really like being the highlight of so many children's days.