Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pregnancy Feedback Loop

There is some universal law (maybe it has to do with physics?) that says as soon as someone finds out they're pregnant, they must eat LOTS of food. It something like this:

I'm pregnant therefore I need to eat more, therefore I will gain more weight, which is proof that I am pregnant and should eat more.

Maybe some of you don't know this... but you're not SUPPOSED to gain much weight during the first trimester. If my memory serves me right, it's only a couple pounds.

My body doesn't work that way. I think I like food too much. I find out I'm pregnant and BAM! I go into gaining weight mode. And that's ok because I'm pregnant, right?

Hey. Don't give me a hard time. I'll just breast feed until it's all gone again. That's the plan and I think it's a pretty damn good plan! Now let me eat my second muffin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY, JEN, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND MICHAEL. READ YOUR SITE EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE AND HAVEN'T READ IT RECENTLY. WASN'T SURE I READ IT RIGHT, SO WENT BACK AND SAW THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS. DON'T KNOW IF YOUR DAD TOLD YOU, BUT WE HAVE ANOTHER GRANDCHILD. BRANT & MICHELLE HAD A BABY BOY ON MARCH 16 BY C-SECTION AT 0844, 8#4OZ, 21 INCHES. I WILL GO THERE IN A WEEK TO HOLD HIM AND SPOIL HIM ALONG WITH RACHEL. FOR A WHOLE DAY HIS NAME WAS BBR AS THEY HADN'T DECIDED ON A NAME YET-BABY BOY ROSS. THEN THAT EVENING THEY CALLED & IT'S BENJAMIN IZAAK ROSS. RACHEL'S TIE TO GLACIER IS HER MIDDLE NAME JOSEPHINE (LAKE JOSEPHINE) AND THEY TOOK IZAAK FROM IZAAK WALTON INN AT ESSEX, MT NEAR GLACIER PARK. EVERYONE IS DOING WELL. CATCHA LATER & LUVYA, ANGIE

Niffer said...

Hi Angie! It's nice to see you again. I did know that Brant recently had a baby boy because I keep up with him on Facebook now. Rachel is adorable! It's neat to hear that they got their names from Glacier, though.