Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Name that tune!

I have been trying desperately to get Ellie's singing on video. Of course, she usually sings when I don't have the camera, or stops whenever she sees the camera come out. I once got her to sing for me but the camera was on the wrong setting. By the time I started recording, all I got was Ellie saying "you're welcome."

The one I REALLY want to get on video is her singing "The more we get together." We were having ice cream the other day when she started singing that one by herself. "Your fiend. My fiend. My fiend. Your fiend. More togever. Appy we be." It brought tears to my eyes. So what if I was actually crying - you would too if you were there. Unless you were Michael, who was indeed there and did not cry.

Anyway, here are the ones I have been able to get decent videos of. The videos include us helping her with words, but in real life she often sings the entire song herself. It takes us a while to figure out which song she's singing, but once we know it, it's amazing to us that she knows most of the words!







9 comments:

Niffer said...

For those of you who didn't notice, I added a 4th video.

Unknown said...

Too cute!!! Merlin is a huge blonde Hondo and what do you guys do with the couch?

Niffer said...

The couch is still there, it's behind the camera. Merlin is a big blond Hondo dog - he's really great.

Niffer said...

I don't know if it's obvious in the video, but when Ellie sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, she actually says "Crinkle Crinkle." SOOOO CUTE!!!

spleeness said...

Oh this is absolutely adorable!! My favorite is the ABC song. I love how she plays quietly and then suddenly you realize she's singing!

Niffer said...

You've discovered the reason it's so hard to get these things on video. Often she is singing while playing, but she's so quiet you can barely hear it.

I have another Twinkle Twinkle Little Star video where she is painting. I was torn on whether or not I should include it, but based on your comment I think I'll try to post it tonight. Check back for it!

Heidi said...

You reminded me to get video. I suck at remembering. Thank you!

And what a cutie pie you have!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little voice she has!!

Jen

Niffer said...

She does have a sweet little voice, but some times I think it sounds so grown-up.