Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day 2010

I know I'm a day late (surprise surprise) but it's partly because when I think of trying to describe how I feel about the father of my children, I always fail at finding the right words.
I'm sure you'd expect me to say things like "He's the best father in the world" or "these two are the luckiest girls - to have him as a father" and though both statements are true (of course), I'm not feeling like that's what I want to focus on. Don't get me wrong, he IS a wonderful father and just adores his little girls, who adore him back.
But the thing that I can't stop thinking about this year is how it's because of him that I can be such a good mommy. For Mother's Day, he wrote me a very sweet card about how wonderful I am. What he doesn't know is that I'm wonderful because of him. There is no doubt in my mind that if he wasn't with me on this journey, if I had to do it alone, or even with someone else, I would not be able to be as patient, fun, playful or kind as I am. It is because of this man that I can enjoy as much of parenthood as I do. It is because of this Daddy that I love being a Mommy. As thankful as I am that he is so wonderful with the girls, I'm even more thankful for the way he empowers me with the ability to be the same.
Enough Mommy mush. It wouldn't be a true Father's Day post if I didn't show off one of the creations we made for Daddy. This is one of many things that Ellie helped make (not to mention the items she made herself - which I can't photograph because Daddy ALREADY took them to his office). I thought it turned out pretty darn adorable and it was cute to see how amazed Ellie was that her (and Addie's) handprints could be turned into elephants. Anyway, Happy Father's Day, Daddy. We hope you know how much we love you.

And to the Grandpas in our lives... all four of you... the same goes for you. I'm glad that Ellie was excited to call each of you to say "Happy Fawder's Day!" We love you.

2 comments:

Dan said...

I really like what you wrote about Michael. That is so sweet!

Niffer said...

Thanks. It has been on my mind a lot lately.