Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The weddings in our near-future

This last weekend, while buying a super frilly birthday girl dress for Addie...

Ellie: I like dis one because my favorite color is gween.
Mommy: But we're not getting you a dress today. This is Addie's birthday dress.
Ellie: But I like it. Can I have it please?
Mommy: Oh, that was good asking.
Ellie: Can I have it please? Can I please spin in it? Please?
Mommy: That makes it hard to say no, but we can't buy this dress today.
Ellie: (suddenly very worried) But... but... I want to go wif you to the marrieds!
Mommy: Oh, you want to go with me when my friends get married?
Ellie: Yeah! And I don't have a special dress to wear!
Mommy: Awww. That's because your special dress is coming in the mail.
Ellie: But I want to go wif you.
Mommy: You can go with me when my friends get married. We'll both wear pretty dresses.
Ellie: Ok.

Later in the car...

Ellie: Mommy? My dress is coming in the mail?
Mommy: Yep. There are two weddings we're going to. One for my friend Melissa and one for my friend Jen. They should be fun. I'm excited.
Ellie: Me too. I have an idea, Mommy!
Mommy: What's that?
Ellie: You can marry Miss Lissa and I will marry Miss Jen. Ok?
Mommy: Actually Melissa is going to marry her prince, Todd. And Jen is going to marry her prince, Jason. We're going to watch them get married and dance together. We can wear our special dresses too.
Ellie: Ok. And den I can spin and spin!

1 comment:

Robin said...

This is the most adorable thing I have ever read.