Pages

Monday, June 07, 2010

Tid-Bits XII

I loved that the first time Ellie watched Monsters Inc, she cried when Boo didn't get to see Sully anymore. She sadly said, "Kitty has to go now."

I love that Ellie has a magical word that is guaranteed to get smiles and laughs out of Addie - "Tooty!"

I love watching my daughters sleep. I don't get the opportunity to watch Ellie sleep very often, but Addie is filling in the blanks. She is so peaceful. I love to stay awake as long as I can, just watching her. Then I love to fall asleep with her breathing on me.

I love when Addie gets into the "I'm so tired that everything is funny" mode. She cracks me up.

I love how when I do get to take a nap with Ellie (which only recently has become a success), she rubs my back to relax me to sleep.

I love how no matter how upset Addie might be (hungry or tired), if she can hold my hand and know that I'm right there, she seems to know she's strong enough to hold on a little longer.

I love how Ellie has taken responsibility for trying to keep Addie happy in the car. It's her job to make sure that Addie is "smi-ler-ing" and Ellie loves that she can do it.

I love how when Ellie (3) made friends with "The Cracker" (7), she informed him that her best friend was Brynn and that they just went swimming yesterday (last week), followed by "We're going to be fwiends forever!" "The Crakcer" had no idea who Brynn was but Ellie was obviously proud of her friendship.

I love how good Ellie is with Addie. She's very gentile and still always offers to help. She loves to make Addie laugh. On the rare occasion that Ellie accidentally hurts Addie, Ellie gets very upset because she feels bad and didn't do it on purpose. She will also give Addie a kiss and tell her she is sorry.

I love the feeling of my baby gently running her fingers through my hair or across my skin whenever I'm breastfeeding her or rocking her to sleep. The caress is ever so gentle but runs sparks through my body. I love seeing how easily she falls into a deep relaxation at the touch of my skin or hair.

No comments: