Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm a hopeless romantic

I have to admit, I am one of those people who truly believes I have married my soul mate. I'm a hopeless romantic and I happen to think that "our story" is a pretty darn good one. As such, I love to hear examples of people meeting their soul mates, like this one.

In a nutshell, an engaged couple starts to collect photos of their childhoods for the wedding. In one of the bride's photo, it shows her at Disney Land at the age of 4 years. In the background is the groom's dad pushing him in a stroller! Crazy? The groom apparently lived in Canada at the time and the bride was from Florida.

I love thinking about soul mates whose paths cross before they're ready for each other. Love it. The hopeless romantic in me wonders if something like that would happen to my girls. Is the little boy from her class the one who will be her first kiss? What about baby Thomas from MD - maybe he'll come back into her life? The chances of something like that happening are slim, but the possibilities are endless.

I hope that when the time does come for my girls to get married that they've found a man who not only loves them but respects them. A man who knows that she is his equal. A man who trusts her and can be trusted without a doubt. I hope that they complete each other and push the other to be a better person. I hope that they don't feel the need to fight even if they disagree.

I could go on and on about my hopes for my daughters' future husbands, but 1. I'd be going on and on, 2. I'd only be attempting to describe my own husband and 3. I'd be getting WAY ahead of myself. After all, Ellie is just beginning to learn how to write her name and Addie is just starting to learn how to crawl. =)

No comments: