Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Tid-Bits XIII

I love how it only took me 8.5 months (and Lord knows how many wipes) to realize that, contrary to popular belief, Addie's nose is not covered in carrots/squash/sweet potatoes. It is indeed orange.See?O-R-A-N-G-E!

I love how Ellie starts off "reading" a book to us - "One time ago..."

I love how Addie continually flexes and relaxes her feet as she is eating.

I love how Ellie has recently started to joke around. We told her that when she was a baby she would count "One... two... two..." and now when she's being silly that's exactly what she does. It's pretty darn funny in her mind.

I think it's pretty cute how Ellie seems to have a formula, some precise order in which to make a funny look followed by a funny word, for what makes Addie laugh and when it doesn't work, she is very disappointed. 98% of the time, it works like a charm.

I love how when I pick Addie up into my arms, she turns to face forward in a determined way as if to say "Now, onward!"

I love how Ellie answers with a confident "Yeah!" whenever we ask her something like "Do you know..." She's excited to hear the answer even though her words and enthusiasm make it seem like she already knows the answer.

I love how Addie just sits and stares out the window whenever she's in her car seat (and assuming Ellie is not around for entertainment); she just soaks in the world around her.

Everyone involved laughs whenever I color with Ellie and she reminds me ONCE AGAIN that "You can do it like diiii-isssss!" and shows me that I can put my marker lid on the back of the marker while I color. You'd think I'd learn, but you'd be wrong. I forget EVERY time.

I love the fish-face that Addie makes. It seems to be a favorite of hers.

I love how Ellie talks out her pretend. For example, if she's pretending to make tea she'll say "Pour. Pour. Stir. Stir." If she's pretending to get a piece of candy she'll say, "Grab da candy. Open. Open. (places candy in mouth) Throw away. (places wrapper into pretend trash)"

I love that Ellie says "Blue Ska Do, we can too!" whenever she jumps over something. Apparently she has to jump over all painted areas in parking lots or sidewalks. She also ska-dos over Merlin.

I love how Ellie can list off random things as if she's reading from a phone book and yet it makes Addie laugh hysterically. Car. Laugh. Hair. Laugh. Forehead. Laugh. Tree. Laugh.

2 comments:

Salina said...

Charlotte's nose was perma-orange too!! I was always scrubbing it and now I look back at pictures and laugh. I wonder why they get orange noses?

Niffer said...

Thank you for letting me know we're not the only orange-nosed baby around! I thought it was a crazy thing that must have been my imagination.