Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Life hands you lemons...

... and we made lemonade!

A couple months ago Ellie had a really bad dream. It was heartbreaking to listen to it, as it went something like this:

"No stop! No, no no! Stop! Can you stop? No, stop! Stop please! Can you please stop? No no! Can you stop please? I asked ree-a nicely. Can you please stop please? I asked like a big girl. No! Please stop! Can you please stop please? Please?"

OMG! She asked nicely! Whoever you are, just STOP for the love of God!

In the morning, I asked Ellie what her dream was about and she said that her wall was moving towards her and it wouldn't stop. Her wall? Wow. That would be pretty scary. She even showed me which wall it was. I told her that maybe the wall just wanted to play with her.

And that's how it started.

Ellie's new favorite bed-time activity is to play the Mr. Wall game. Ellie hides under the covers and I have a conversation with the wall:

Mommy: Mr. Wall?
Wall: Yeah?
Mommy: Do you know where Ellie went?
Wall: Ummm... I think she went swimming.
Mommy: Swimming?! Without me? Well I guess I'll just lay in her bed and wait for her to come back... Hey, this bed is really lumpy. Wait a second... That's not a lump! That's an Ellie!
Ellie: (giggles) Do it again! Ask "Mr. Wall, do you know where Lori-lelle went?" and dis time I go to da zoo!

No comments: