Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Calling Mr. Foot

Ever seen a desperate mom trying desperately to get her daughter to put clothes on without AND think that it's a good idea (thus without a fight)? Ever seen the movie Little Mermaid? Ever wonder what the two have in common?

Remember when the seagull tells Ariel that you use a person's foot like a phone to check to see if someone is breathing? Brilliant!

Mommy: (Holding Ellie's foot to her ear) Hello? Hello?
Ellie: (Give the "What are you doing, Mommy?" look)
Mommy: What's that, Mr. Foot? (pause) You want to wear some pants? (pause) Uh huh. (pause) You sure? (pause) Ok, will do. (pause) Yeah, have a nice day. (pause) I love you too.
Ellie: (gives the "you're insane" look)
Mommy: Mr Foot called and said he wants to wear pants today. Do you think that sounds like fun?
Ellie: YEAH! (she slides Mr. Foot into the pants as though it was the most fun thing she had done all day)

Brilliant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great and inspired idea! You better believe I'll try that if I have kids.
=) Jen

Niffer said...

I'm finding that if I do something unexpected or wrong, she'll pay more attention to me.