Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Mommy: How was your nap?
Sleepy Ellie:
Mommy: Did you have fun visiting Grandpa and Grandma?
Sleepy Ellie:
Mommy: What do you want to do now?
Sleepy Ellie:
Mommy: Do you want to go ride a bus and a plane?
Wide awake Ellie: Wan wan wan a ba sa ba wan a ba eh bus plane!
Mommy: Woah! You want to ride a bus AND a plane?
Super excited Ellie: Wan wan wan a ba sa ba wan a ba eh bus plane! TWO!

I have no idea what most of the sentence is, but it amazes me that she says the same sounds every time she says the sentence. And it's quite clear what she wants. This is what our life has become in the last couple of days - full sentences, often even long paragraphs that seem to go on and on. I even begin to think "Oh my god, I don't understand a thing my child is saying". Finally at the end of the foreign sentence I can usually find one or two words to clarify what the sentence is all about. And it all seems perfectly clear.

No comments: