Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My First Fort

We recently built our first fort! Let me clarify - we built our first truly successful fort. This thing gave us days worth of entertainment, as any worthy fort should do. Cracker's mom just recently took down a cardboard box fort that was in her living room for over a year! We have to work up to that kind of excellence.
I guess it didn't really surprise me that Ellie liked the fort so much. What did surprise me, though, was that she felt like she always needed Merlin with her. She would crawl in, get comfy with a book and then yell "Mer Mer, come!" Even more surprising - he would come! He would crawl inside with her and lay down close to her. How awesome is my dog? Anyway, needless to say, this resulted in too many cute pictures for me to narrow it down, so enjoy the slide show!

3 comments:

Niffer said...

P.S. Let me know if you'd like to hear about all the reasons how we lucked out with our dog. He is an excellent dog and I'd highly recommend his breed to anyone (though we're typically animal shelter types).

Heidi said...

I'm so weak. The playhouse has been replaced with an older version of this that has been collecting dust in the closet for years: http://www.amazon.com/Ryans-Room-Mambo-Combo-Play/dp/B000H5K058. Ahhh! I have to say though that Ollie loves crawling through the tunnel. (I've been trying to wear her out so she'll nap again.) We also have this http://www.amazon.com/PlayHut-71869-Playhut-School-Bus/dp/B00000IRW0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1231950381&sr=1-1 which has been a favorite for years. It folds up in an instant, has endured amazing amounts of abuse from numerous 2 year olds, and still looks brand new. I would highly recommend it. It's also available in a fire truck, and Ross seems to always have them in stock whenever I pop in.

Niffer said...

I need to get something like that! I like the Thomas Train version!