Pages

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Words, shmords...

According to my email update from Baby Center:

"A typical 20-month-old has a spoken vocabulary of about 12-15 words, though many children have far more."

Now, granted Ellie is now 20.5 months and maybe two weeks really makes a difference, but this seemed a little low to us. Out of curiosity, we decided to compile a list of the words that she says. These aren't the same as what she understands. These are the words she actually *speaks*.

What do you think the total came to? Any guesses? Now keep in mind, that these are the words that we could think of off the top of our head.

Anyone, anyone?

I'll let you know on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking a blind guess that she's maybe twice as much as average -- what's the final count?

Unknown said...

I counted 18 so I'm guessing 30. I didn't count grandmas and grandpas seperate names.