Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The look

I doubt I will ever get a picture of it, but I certainly hope I will always remember the look that Ellie gets on her face when she says something important. She leans into me, puts her face right up next to mine, as if to say "It is of great importance that you understand what I am about to say, so I'm going to stare into your eyes and speak very very clearly, OK?"

This is some times followed by simple requests like "Mak" or "Bun Bun" or "Cooka". Other times it's followed by demands like "Go!" or "Wan to come".

It doesn't matter what follows. I just love how she seems to make it clear that Mommy needs to listen up and focus.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can picture this look!

Niffer said...

I'm sure you can! I also love the look of satisfaction she gets when she realizes I understood her. She does a little nod as if to say "Good job, Mom."

Anonymous said...

Amelia gives me that nod too when I've finally understood after the sixth time that's she repeated something. I appreciate that nod :)

Niffer said...

The nod is definitely appreciated. It makes me feel like I did something right. =)