Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Mommy's weekend

I'm free! I'm free to do whatever I want this weekend. Ellie and Daddy (and Nana) are going to Green Bay to visit the great-grandparents. And so I'm free! Free at last!

It's a strange feeling to be left alone for 3 days. I've only spent that much time away from Ellie once and it was for our anniversary, so Michael was with me. But alone, I'm completely alone this weekend. It feels lonely. That's deep.

Here is a list of all the things I'd like to accomplish this weekend:
- Slumber party with the girls. Fun, huh?
- Clean house. No, I mean REALLY clean.
- Put up window treatments in every room of the house. 15 windows I think?
- Have dinner with an old friend.
- Have girls' night out with new friends.
- Spend lots of time with my mom alone (weird... that hasn't happened in YEARS).
- Sleep in.
- Catch up on Facebook messages.
- Create my own blog background.
- Laundry.
- Oh, right... walk the dog.

Already I can think of two or three things that won't happen. And already I miss my little Ellie Belly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bwahhahaha!! (pausing to catch breath.) This looks a lot like the list I made when Dan was away and I thought I would get a lot done. I think I did maybe only two of them...

Have fun no matter what you do!

Niffer said...

Heheheh... So far it has taken me 4 hours to clean my master bedroom, master bathroom, Ellie's bathroom and Ellie's nursery. Ugh.

Go Niffer Go!

Niffer said...

An update... I got 2/3 of the house cleaned but I did not get around to the basement. I also didn't get to mop the floors, though they are vacuumed. The problem was that my mom and I started looking for curtains, so though I didn't get what I had in mind done, I was still productive. So yay!