Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Keeping ahead of the game

I used to think that parenting successfully had to do with keeping ahead of the game. Stay one step ahead of your children, and you'll be ok.

Now I'm convinced that it's all about the ability to INVENT games. For example:

Mommy can't get Ellie to eat. She won't eat her apple sauce. She won't eat her raisins (among other things). Solution? Let's look at it as a game: Put one raisin into the apple sauce and challenge the girl to scoop it out with her spoon. Repeat until raisins and applesauce are gone.

I need more games! That's the solution. Can anyone think of cute little ways their parents got them to get things done?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm at a complete loss. I can't think of a single game. But I emailed a girlfriend of mine to see if she had any ideas...

Heidi said...

Jason took credit for it on his blog (sniff) but I was the one who invented "let's make a micro-climate!" and steam up the bathroom for a stuffy Cracker. It's lame, but I'm still proud.

Niffer said...

That's really cute!