Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Big Sister Quote of the Day XXII

After a frustrating few minutes trying to put Addie down for a desperately needed nap while Ellie desperately felt like she needed my attention, I had a talk with her about how Daddy is going to be gone for an entire week (he's going to Japan - it should be a character-building week for me) and I would need her help...

Addie: Wah. Wah.
Mommy: Oh oh. Addie lost her pacifier. I'll go give it back to her and I'll be right back.
Ellie: Ok.
Mommy: (returning) I'm back now.
Addie: (after a few minutes) Wah. Wah.
Mommy: Oh oh. She's crying again.
Ellie: Mommy, let me tell you someping. I help you now. I go gif Addie her pacifier. I be RIIIGHT back.
Mommy: You're going to do it for me?
Ellie: Yes. I be RIIIIGHT back and afa I'm back, I give you a hug.

And that's what she did. She went upstairs, gave Addie her pacifier and came down and said "Now I gif you a hug." Addie didn't hold up her end of the deal, but Ellie gets points.

2 comments:

sqpeggy said...

BIIIG points. I love this kid and I hardly know her-- yet I feel like I do because you describe her with such warmth.

Good luck on your character building week. Use all available supports. No time to be a hero. If someone says "Can I...", Your answer should be, "Yes. Whatever it is- yes." My thoughts will be with you.

spleeness said...

Sometimes when I read your blog entries, I realize I'm smiling. What a love!