Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A thank you - regarding Santa

Thanks Salina, Spleeness and MJH for responding to my Santa post a couple days ago. The combination of your responses made me feel much better about the whole topic.

Salina - I liked your perspective about how it's really not much different than teaching our kids to use their imagination, and I liked the reminder that St. Nick was a real person.

Spleeness - I liked your reminder that every family is different and that there are lots of people who grow up believing in Santa but still have strong relationships with their parents. Ok, you didn't say all that, but that's the message I got. lol.

MJH - I liked your down-to-earth rationalization of it. You tell your kids Santa **IS** real because he is. You're Santa. I like that. I'm real enough to eat the cookies that the kids leave for me on Christmas Eve.

Next year, dangit! We're making cookies!

No comments: