Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Time to start working out

Ellie: What's wrong, Mommy?
Mommy: What do you mean?
Ellie: What's wrong when you go like dat? (leaning over and making a funny look on her face).
Mommy: I have no idea. (so I leaned over like she demonstrated).
Ellie: See? What's wrong right dere?
Mommy: Oh, that's my fat on my tummy bulging when I lean over.
Ellie: But why?
Mommy: Remember how I had a big tummy when Addie was inside of me?
Ellie: Yeah?
Mommy: Sometimes it takes a while for the skin to go back to normal.
Ellie: You be better soon?
Mommy: Yes, I'll be better soon (I hope).

2 comments:

mjh said...

I don't have any daughters. But I have a wife who is plagued by obsession over her weight. It is really hurtful to her. I hate it, but I can do nothing about it.

I wonder if this is an opportunity for you to model to your daughter that there are more important things in life than weight. To give her an opportunity to see a healthy relationship w/weight. Perhaps in the hope that she doesn't turn this observation into a lifetime of suffering over weight.

Niffer said...

Thanks, MJH! That's a good idea I didn't think about!