Pages

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Dear Ellie

I will never fully understand why it feels like words just can not describe how much enjoyment you bring to my life. You are one of the sweetest little girls I have ever known and I am so very proud to be your Mommy.

You are so very polite and you have a big heart. You often ask for things with a "please" and rarely forget to follow up with a "thank you." You'll give hugs to just about anyone even if you only recently met them. In fact, you even once told us that the waitress was your favorite friend and insisted on waiting to give her a hug before we left the restaurant. You often tell both me and your daddy that you love us and those are by far the best words I have ever heard.

You are also a wonderful big sister. Before Addie came into our lives I was concerned about how difficult the transition would be for you, but you really stepped up to the challenge. You often reassure Addie by saying things like "It's ok, Addie. your big sissa is here now." You always have a suggestion on how to help calm our baby down, whether it be the pacifier, Bun Bun bear or simply a reminder to feed her. You give your baby sister lots of hugs and kisses and try to tickle her. I know it's hard to play with a baby who doesn't respond much yet, but it hasn't discouraged you yet. I don't know why we ever worried in the first place.

You are so cute (and smart too). The tasks that typically concern parents seemed so simple for us. Potty training went so smoothly that I'm not sure what happened. All I can say is that it shouldn't have surprised me. You have always been a smart cookie and have always learned things so quickly.

I don't really know what else to say because no matter what I say, it just doesn't seem to be enough. I doubt you will ever really know how much I love you - maybe when you have a daughter of your own? I cherish the time we spend together and I am so proud of the little person you have become.

I love you!
-Mommy

No comments: