Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

If you think it's so great, you do it!

Ugh, people. Ugh. It sucks being a member of a sick family.
Since I know hearing about sickness is never fun, I start off with a picture of how we spent our ENTIRE day on Thursday, puke-bucket and all.

I'll try to spare the details and only give you enough information to know what happened:
- Addie got sick Tuesday night.
- After hours nurse told us to take her to the ER to check for dehydration.
- We were at the ER from 11:30 PM to 3:30 AM trying to convince Addie to drink rather than sleep.
- Wednesday both Daddy and me stayed home from work to recover some sleep.
- Wednesday night Ellie was up all night puking. Literally ALL FREAKIN' NIGHT.
- Thursday Ellie and Addie stayed home with me, on the couch the entire day.
- I got sick.
- Daddy came home from work early because he was sick.
- We drew straws to see who would be up all night puking, he lost.
- Addie has woken every two hours at night since - Mommy needs sleep.

There were some funny moments, though. When I suggested that Ellie stand by the toilet in case she needed to throw up again, she responded with a strong "NO WAY! I'M GOING BACK TO BED!" like she didn't think it sounded fun at all to puke again. We laughed because the tone of her voice definitely said, "If you think it's so wonderful, you stand by the toilet!"

Luckily the bug that attacked the family was a fast one. We're all feeling much better now, aren't we girls?

No comments: