Pages

Monday, January 04, 2010

Dear Addie

This morning I left you at daycare for the first time. I guess it should come as no surprise that I'm finding the transition to be difficult already. I miss you already. You're not quite 3 months old but I already can not imagine my life without you. You are such a sweet little baby and you hardly give me any reason to complain about how tiring it is to have two children. I love how you let me just hold you - just like babies in the movies. Part of me wondered if that was possible. I love holding you so much that I have to remind myself to put you down for tummy time and when you decide that you've had enough tummy time, you barely complain. You're such a happy baby and, in general, you're easy to calm down. I love how you give me a great big smile when you first see me in the morning. I love how much you talk and how much you love watching your sister already. What I love the most is how the sound of my voice alone seems to be enough to calm you down. You and I - we make a great team, don't we? I miss you already but I can not describe how excited I am to see you grow and discover new things. Just like with your sister before you, I am positive that the next few years will be the best I've ever had. Mommy loves you very much.

No comments: