Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Tid-Bits VII

I love how when infants have a great big giant yawn that never seems to end, they complain afterwards. It's like they're saying, "OMG, Mom! I couldn't close my mouth! It was horrible! Did you see?"

I love how children have complete faith in their parents. They will throw themselves around and towards the ground in awkward positions, totally expecting you to catch them and keep them safe.

I love how Ellie sings the moon song with me. "I see the moon (point to the moon on the ceiling) and the moon sees me (point to / poke ourselves) and the moon sees the one I want to see (point to / poke each other)..."

I love how my Niffer handle (the loop on the side of Michael's pants) has become an Ellie handle. She likes to hold it while they walk together - through the park, parking lot or grocery store.

I love how if something happened in the past, then it was "yesterday" and if something is going to happen in the future, it'll be "tomorrow." This is the case even if we're talking about something happening only a couple hours from now.

I love how Ellie never really learned to run fast. She just runs with more motion - practically walking. She pants more, though, so that still counts.

I love how Addie seems to both calm down and get more excited whenever she hears my voice enter the room.

I love the huge smiles that Addie gives me when she first wakes up. I love to know that she enjoys seeing me first thing in the morning.

I love how cars drink "grass" when they get thirsty. Apparently it's not just for cows now.

I love how soy milk is "snowy milk" and eggnog is "egg milk."

No comments: