Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

$$$ (Cha Ching Cha Ching Cha Ching)

When Michael and I were planning for our wedding (which by the way, was a blast - both the wedding itself and planning for it), we were constantly surprised at how much people were getting rich off of the whole wedding concept. For example, if you buy little bottles of bubbles, they're easily 2-3 times more expensive if you buy the wedding ones. Buying little white flowers? Make sure you don't buy them from the wedding section of the store.

I'm beginning to realize that the same is true for pregnancies. I recently bought myself "Mozart for Mothers-to-be" because I had heard good reviews on it*. However, when it comes down to it, it's just Mozart, right? It's not like the picture of a pregnant woman on the cover changes the music. So yes, I'm beginning to see that I am a sucker for baby stuff.

Why was it easier to say "no" to the unnecessary wedding themed stuff? (no need to really answer.... I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I was aware of the entire cost of the wedding back then, whereas now I'm still ignorant of the overall cost of the baby).

So... here I am at work, listening to my Mozart for Mothers-to-be and trying to not be disappointed in the fact that I do not hear anything lullaby-like about the music (though I do love Mozart).

And just for an additional little chuckle, I'll share with you the selection of CDs they advertise inside the cover of this one:
Mozart in the Morning
Mozart at Midnight
Beethoven at Bedtime
Mozart for Meditation
Mozart for Your Mind
Debussy for Daydreaming
Chopin and Champagne
Rachmaninoff for Romance
Bach for Breakfast
Mozart on the Menu
Bach at Bedtime
Vivaldi for Valentines
Baroque at Bathtime

Do you see the pattern? Your baby will stay clean if you listen to Baroque music during bathtime. However, I would not attempt to listen to any Chopin because "bathtime" doesn't start with the letter C. If you listen to Chopin during bathtime, you'll end up with God knows what.

In for a romantic evening? Well your only option is to listen to Rachmaninoff. If you listen to Mozart, you'll either fall into deep meditation or your mind will begin to wander off to other things. Of course, if you don't like Rachmaninoff, you can always put off your romantic evening until Valentine's Day.

Besides, the thought of listening to Chopin at breakfast does make my stomach turn. Maybe we now know why.


* Though More Mozart for Mothers-to-be did not get good reviews because people were surprised that it was full of opera music. Uh... hello? Do people really not know that Mozart was known for his operas?

No comments: