Pages

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Old Wives Tales

I'm sure everyone has heard of certain old wives tales when it comes to determining the gender during pregnancy, and if you haven't, well then I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised to hear that such things exist. Some of them are quite entertaining and make you wonder just how someone would ever believe it!

Here's my little made-up quiz of stuff I found on the web. Stay tuned to see how I score!

1. Carrying High, Carrying Low
G - Carrying high
B - Carrying low

2. Heartbeat
G - Fetal heart rate above 140
B - Fetal heart rate below 140

3. Craving Something?
G - Sweet
B - Salty

4. Weight Gain
G - Husband doesn't put on a pound
B - Husband puts on weight during pregnancy

5. Is Her Face Round and Full?
G - Round and rosy
B - No change

6. Breast Sizes
G - Left one is larger
B - Right one is larger

7. Pendant Swing
G - Holding a pendant over my hand, swings in a circular motion
B - Holding a pendant over my hand, swings back and forth

8. Got Acne?
G - Yes
B - No

9. Combine my age at the time of conception with the number of the month I conceived and the result is:
G - Odd
B - Even

10. Ask yourself - Moms to be are right 71% of the time
G - I'm having a Girl
B - I'm having a Boy

11. Beautiful Hair
G - Thinner and stringy
B - Shiny and full of body

12. Hair Growing Faster?
G - Leg hair grows the same as before
B - Leg hair grows faster than before

13. Linea Nigra
G - Tummy line runs to navel
B - Tummy line goes all the way up past navel

14. Got Morning Sickness?
G - Green at the gills
B - Bliss for being missed

15. Growing in the Rear?
G - My tush is growing in size
B - My tush is not growing

16. Cold Feet?
G - Toasty feet
B - My feet are colder now

17. Look in the mirror for 1 minute...
G - Pupils do not dilate
B - Pupils do dilate

18. Tummy Shape
G - Shaped like a watermelon
B - Shaped like a beach ball

19. Baby Kicks Left and Right
G - To the left more often
B - To the right more often

20. Baby Kicks High and Low
G - Low in the stomach
B - High in the ribs

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Another fun one is the Chinese birth chart. It was right for us.

http://www.obfocus.com/calculators/birthchart.htm

Niffer said...

Apparently that one says it's a girl too. Woohoo!

Actually, I'm kindof excited to see how things change because I know some of my answers from taking the quiz even just a few days ago have changed. =)