Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sheep Appetizer

My mom and sister came out last weekend to help decorate the baby's nursery, and I know I should have posted some pictures sooner, but part of me wanted to wait until we were completely done.

So, just to satisfy some of your cravings, I'll give you an appetizer (more to come as we finalize the details)...

I do not have any before pictures because there wasn't much to show. The room was white. That's it. Boring, so moving on... We put up a chair rail around the room and painted the top part a creme color. The bottom part was going to be a tan, but it ended up darker than I originally anticipated. However, I actually really like the result, so I don't mind.




Around the top of the chair rail, we pain-stakingly painted a stencil with sheep jumping over the fence. How cute! Go, sheep go! Between the sheep, we stenciled in different words (love, dream, inspire, believe, etc) with pastel colors. The words are actually the only source of color in the room, and I like how subtle it looks.

Like any time that we start doing a home-improvement project, I learn something new. This time I learned that stencils can work in either direction. Yes, I had the option of picking between clock-wise sheep and counter-clock-wise sheep. Brilliant me thought that the counter-clock-wise ones would end up being upside-down. Hey, everyone has their stupid moments!

And finally, if you're curious what the room will be like for the baby, here is the answer. The baby will see flying sheep! French flying sheep, none-the-less!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Very cute! I also picked sheep so I knew I would. Having to wait for gigantic herds to clear the motorway in NZ is one of my fondest memories. Besides I love the idea of counting sheep. Simply put with sheep you can never go wrong.