Pages

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Quiz Results

A bit of background: To satisfy those inquiring minds on whether or not we're having a girl or boy, I decided to perform a scientific experiment to find out. Upon researching top gender-predicting techniques, I developed a survey with 20 proven dimensions of accuracy. I then allowed sufficient time to pass to erase any lingering knowledge of survey results before taking the quiz myself. Obviously, the procedure I went through to obtain this information was very scientific and thus the results are in no way biased.

Thank you for waiting patiently for me to obtain my quiz results. I had intended to post the answer right away, but that was before I realized that some of them required me to go home (preferrably) and stand in front of a mirror naked. I'm sure that there are a lot of things I can explain away at work, but that one might not be on that list. =)

Here are my results*:

  1. Boy - I guess I'm carrying low??
  2. Girl - Fetal heart rate ~150.
  3. Girl - I'm a-likin' da sweets.
  4. Girl - Michael had the nerve to lose 5 pounds!
  5. Boy - I'm told face weight should not be my concern.
  6. Girl - If I must pick one, the left is larger, but they're both huge!
  7. Girl - Haha! I suppose we'll call that a circle.
  8. Girl - Definitely have the acne, but should come as no surprise.
  9. Girl - Age at conception plus July = 28 + 7 = 35 = odd
  10. Girl - Though I'd be willing to admit that this is just me being hopeful
  11. Girl - Thinner and stringy hair as always, though I did buy some great fake hair pieces!
  12. Girl - My leg hair is growing less than before, but my tummy is certainly now fuzzy!
  13. Girl - My tummy line stops at my belly button. How cute!
  14. Boy - No bad morning sickness for me, thank God!
  15. Girl - Remember, I need the counter-balance so that I don't tip over onto my face!
  16. Girl - My feet have been quite pleasantly warm (excluding time spent in Estes Park)
  17. Boy - Watching my own eyes dilate is just plain freaky.
  18. Boy - Beach ball is today's guess. I'm told it looks "symetrical" so beach ball it is.
  19. Girl - Huh. I never noticed before that I usually feel the baby to the left.
  20. Girl - Thank God the baby hasn't kicked me in the ribs! That would hurt!

That makes for a total of 5 boys and 15 girls. I guess that settles that question, huh?

* Subject to change. Some of these answers are just plain guesses! Take #1 for example, you try to define "high" or "low" when it comes to where I'm carrying! It looks like I'm carrying the baby in my tummy to me! Or #7, where my pendant went from straight line to circle, to straight line, to circle. Hmm... is there something you'd like to tell me, baby?

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Okay missy...testing this out to see if it makes it ur way :)

After reading the quiz & look at your results then at your two beautiful daughters do you think these are old wives tales?? Also, did you take the quiz for Addie (if so what did you get)??

P.S. I'm realizing that you really do post everyday...I'm not sure I'll ever catch up to current day, but I'm gonna try :P

Niffer said...

Yay! A comment from you!

After having been pregnant a couple times, I think the one test that I buy into is the "your face changes if you're having a boy." I'm not sure how to describe it, but I've witnessed it myself with some of the people I know who have been pregnant.

I don't post EVERY day. Most of the time, I just post during the week days. Ha. I could try to slow down so that you can catch up. =)