Pages

Friday, January 19, 2007

Knock knock... who's there?

The moment you've all been waiting for...
Or at least the names for the moment you're all waiting for. :P

Before I continue, I am obligated to point out that these still might change. Who knows how we will feel in 3 months from now, let alone when we actually go to fill out the forms at the hospital!

I am also obligated to point out that I'm super excited about these names! Ready? Here we go...

Drum roll please...

For a boy we have chosen Keagan Asher. Technically we like the way Keagan Asher sounds better than Asher Keagan, but all in all we like the name Asher better as a first name. Then there is the whole silliness of us wanting the middle name to start with an A because we both have A middle names. So... most likely it will be Keagan Asher.

For a girl we have chosen Lori.elle Ashlyn. We like the fact that Ashlyn is similar to Asher, so we're happy with the middle name. For the longest time we couldn't decide between Ellia or Lori.elle, though, because we love the nickname Ellie. But then a brilliant thought occurred me when I realized that there was an "Elle" at the end of Lori.elle, and thus I could still use the Ellie as a nickname. The way I envision it, Lori will be the standard nickname that friends use, but for special affectionate people (like family), maybe Ellie will work. I have always been Jen to my friends and Jenny or Niffer to my closest friends and family.

So there you have it:
Keagan* Asher
Lori.elle Ashlyn

Consider the topic open for comments. =)


* The spelling is still up for debate. In 2005, Keegan ranked as the 240th most popular name and Keagan ranked 653. The spelling of Keegan is 4 times more popular than Keagan. So... should we have a poll? Keegan or Keagan?

No comments: