Pages

Friday, May 08, 2009

Amazing Anna II

Six months ago I wrote about how I thought it was amazing that Ellie still remembered Miss Anna.

Since then we've seen Anna at the bakery every now and then and it's obvious that Ellie still knows her because she'll run and give her a big hug. However, she really hasn't seen much of Anna lately, especially since Anna quit her job (to student teach) and is only subbing every now and then at the daycare. Even this, though, is in a different building from where Ellie is now.

It's been almost a year now since Ellie left the Bear Room in the Infant Center. I don't think I've ever referred to it by name before. I got an email from Anna today saying that she saw Ellie on Tuesday and was amazed by all her words. Ellie gave her a big bear hug and said "I go back to bear room?"

HOW DOES SHE REMEMBER SOMETHING FROM NEARLY A YEAR AGO??? And she even knew the name of the room? Wow. Wow. This Anna is quite something.

3 comments:

sqpeggy said...

this ellie is quite something...

Iman Woods Creative said...

Miss Ellie is amazing! And Anna must certainly be memorable. :)

Niffer said...

An update - I just found out that the "Bear room" is a relatively common thing for her to hear because that's where the newcomers are coming from. So, not quite as impressive as I thought, but it's still amazing that she remembers Anna!