Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tid-bits that don't fit into a story

I love how Ellie pats your back when she hugs you.

I love hearing her say "I'm big sissa now" when she's reading her big sister book.

I love how she says "Hi Mommy" or "Hi Daddy" when she's happy to see us, or just wants to get a smile out of us.

I love how she drags 2-3 blankets, 2-3 friends, a pillow AND 2-3 books with her when she climbs into bed with us.

I love how she always answers "I jump boons!" whenever we ask her what she wants to do today.

I love how she says "I stay bed til Mommy come giss me mornin."

I love how she and Daddy have this on-going fight where he says "Daddy do it" and Ellie automatically says "Mommy do it."

I love how she knows that Bun-Bun stays in bed, but Ellie always asks if she can come anyway.

I love how she loves to play tag and sometimes it's the only way to get her moving quickly.

I love how you can often catch her singing songs - many real, but many made up too.

Hmm... That's all for now.

6 comments:

Iman Woods Creative said...

I just LOVE these!!!

spleeness said...

I can't believe such a little girl can say such big sentences! She's really amazing. I also really like that she hauls books into bed. They say it's good to start the love of reading early and there she is!

Niffer said...

And every morning, she seems so proud of herself for having waited for Mommy to come kiss her. (Smile)

As for the books - it's hard for me to imagine any child not loving books. You just have to show them. Ellie loves loves loves to read books. We always read at least 3 every night or nap time, and often a couple in the mornings or afternoons.

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little girl! I am so proud to be her aunt. I was just talking with Justin last night about how smart she is. I don't have a lot of day to day experience but it sure seems like she has some smart pants on. :) I love her! And you too!

Heidi said...

I love the singing! All of the singing I hear lately has to do with how "awesome" first grade is going to be lol. Be sure to tape her!

Niffer said...

Erin - we love you too!

Heidi - I have videos of her earlier songs, but I need to get updated ones. She's a bit camera shy now, though, so it's not easy.