Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ellie's Favorite Movies

We are still trying to limit the amount of time that Ellie spends in front of the TV, so for the most part she doesn't watch TV. She watches more movies when she visits her grandparents, but I do not think any of them are really worth mentioning at this point.

POP Go the Wiggles!

This is the only DVD worth mentioning at the moment. We love the Wiggles (and even considered buying concert tickets, which is weird because the only concerts I've ever been to in the past were swing dances). Ellie likes the fact that she can sing many of the songs, and we like the fact that the Wiggles are real people and not super annoying purple dinosaurs. This DVD has a bunch of Nursery Rhymes, unlike other Wiggles DVDs we've rented. It is by far the least annoying video we've let Ellie watch and we're lucky that it's her favorite DVD as well. (18 months - present)

4 comments:

Iman Woods Creative said...

Ahhh parenthood! For my parents it was the Little Mermaid. (Over and over again as many times as I could fit in.) For me I hope there's an option like the wiggles. I can't believe I just said that.

Niffer said...

Hehehe... I won't tell anyone you said that.

Heidi said...

You have to go to a wiggles concert! I made Jason come along too (because I was 37 weeks pregnant and didn't want G to miss out while I spent 1/2 the show in the bathroom peeing) and even he had a great time! It was so much fun! Of course G was older (brand new 5) but I think a 2 year old would love it too. You should go!

Niffer said...

I'll pass on the word to Michael. I think we'd be totally up for it if Ellie was just another year older, but things are so hit or miss with her (and tend to be a miss if we spent money on it) that we just aren't sure for this year. Do you know how often they come around?