Pages

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Picking up Mommy from the airport

I've been out of town the last few days for the ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) conference. As a side note - as much as I'd like to think we're all mature grown-ups, it was still bizarre for me to attend this conference with my supervisor - a little too much talk about women's body parts for my complete comfort.

Ellie missed Mommy a lot and Mommy missed her tons too. I had one fantastic phone conversation with her, where we talked for almost 5 minutes! And it was her and me talking (very little translating needed from Daddy). It was amazing and left me in tears. Good tears, but tears all the same. My little one is getting so big.

When I got to the airport and saw her again, her face lit up so brightly. It was fantastic. I ran up to her and held her and hugged her. It felt so good to feel her again.

Mommy: It's so good to see you! Mommy missed you!
Ellie: I go on air-pane-ator now.
Mommy: Airplane-ator?
Ellie: Ok!
Mommy: You want to go on the airplane now?
Ellie: No, dat one!
Mommy: Oh! You want to go on the escalator!
Ellie: Yeah! Up! Up! Up!
Mommy: Yep, I missed you!

On the way out of the airport:

Mommy: Where you a good girl when Mommy was gone?
Ellie: Yeah.
Mommy: Did you help Daddy a lot?
Ellie: Yeah.
Mommy: What did you do today?
Ellie: (super excited) I go to airport get a Mommy!
Mommy: And I'm so glad you did! Thank you for coming to get me!
Ellie: Welcome!

4 comments:

Iman Woods Creative said...

You have the BEST narrative for telling us about these wonderful conversations. :)

Char said...

I love it! Having a conversation with our little ones is one of the most precious experiences!!! I love reading the ones you have with Lorielle :)
Picture came out great!!

Niffer said...

Thanks guys! I try to record the conversations as closely to what they were in person.

Heidi said...

So sweet!