Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Camper - the hike

I wasn't sure what sort of camping trip this would turn out to be. Both Daddy and I decided that it just needed to be a "go with the flow" sort of thing. We figured that Nana and Grandpa would want to do more hiking so that Grandpa could take some fantastic photographs (which he did get a few), but we also feared that the rest of us wouldn't be up for so much hiking. Ellie is usually hit or miss when it comes to being in the backpack and we had no idea how far or quickly my tummy would allow me to hike. It was actually Ellie's idea to go for a walk. She insisted on it and we had a great time. She loved playing games with Daddy pretending to chase her while still wearing the backpack and she loved it when he would skip down the trail. Daddy got a work-out, carrying the additional 30 pounds around like that. Mommy got a work-out too, only I was carrying the 30 pounds around on my front.It was a good hike. We got good pictures and had lots of fun. Towards the end, Ellie ran with Nana and Merlin to get back to the campsite. Running is always a hit for little ones.This might be my latest favorite picture. If you're wondering why we're leaning so much, it's because this is the result of Ellie chasing me down and finally catching me. Given how tired we knew she must be, she really was in a great mood.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that last photo...you definitely look prego...I'm very excited to see you in just over a week. I love you!

Niffer said...

I can't believe it's less than a week from now! I miss you!