Pages

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

STOP THE CAR!!!

Ellie: Oh oh, Mommy. I got da booger.
Mommy: You have a booger?
Ellie: Yeah. Elp?
Mommy: Daddy, can you stop the car? This booger has been bothering me for days now.

(Stopping the car - we were still in our neighborhood, so no big deal - Mommy gets the biggest booger EVER out of Ellie's nose)

Later... Driving down the highway.

Ellie: TOP DA CAR DADDY!
Daddy: Stop the car?
Ellie: TOP DA CAR DADDY!
Daddy: Why?
Ellie: BIIIIIIGGGGGG booger! Top da car NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

mjh said...

My first child is just a naturally compliant kid. He's just easy going by his nature. So demanding statements like that never came from him.

But #2-4 were not so blessed. When #2 started the demanding thing, we didn't really know how to handle it. But we've learned. Now, #2 wouldn't *dare* be that demanding. #4 isn't quite so experienced.

Where the scenario to happen to us w/him, my wife would stop, get a really surprised look on her face and then we'd have the following conversation:

Wife: Honey, is *that* the way that I asked you to stop?

MJH: No, dear. You were much nicer.

Wife: Ok. Just checking. I don't want to sound that demanding with you. Love you.

MJH: Love you, too. And not to worry. I don't respond to demanding comments.

The funniest thing one of my children ever did was when #3 was going through this, #2 leaned over to him and said, "They're not kidding. You gotta ask nicer." None of the kids understood why my wife & I started cracking up.

Unknown said...

oh boy she's a quick one! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my... I can so see this happening. Isn't she the most amazing thing ever.....
gramma

Niffer said...

My intention was to point out that it was kind of funny to see her think the big booger was such an emergency. However, MJH, you bring up a very good point. I love your comments because they give me hope on how to handle her demands and attitudes. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

That was a really good way of handling it - MJH! I like that. It's even funnier when fellow children pipe in that you aren't joking.