Pages

Thursday, June 04, 2009

I'll try to take that as a compliment

Here's what I imagine goes through Ellie's mind at times:

Monday:
Hmm, I'm done playing with my care-bear toy, but where would be a good place to put it! Oh! I got it! Right there! Look, it fits perfectly!

Tuesday:
My hands are cold. How can I solve that problem? Oh, I know! I'll put them right there! Look, it's nice and warm and there's enough room for both hands!

Wednesday:
I don't see a trash can near by, but I need to put my crumpled up napkin somewhere. Oh where, oh where can it go? This looks like a good spot!

Thursday:
Where did my toy go? I can't find it anywhere. Oh, I know where to look! Toy, are you in there? Nope, I guess not.

Friday:
I'm all done with my Cherrios. I don't want any more. Maybe I'll put them right in there to eat later when I'm hungry again.

Saturday:
I'm bored. What game can I play now? Mommy is talking to someone else right now, so instead of distracting her, I'll see how far my hands can reach right there.

Sunday:
Hey, Mommy! Excuse me, but I'm trying to get into there and you're in my way. Please move!

Any guesses as to what "there" is? Yep, you guess correct. My shirt. My amazing pregnancy cleavage has an unexpected side... bonus, if you will... of being fantastic entertainment for my little 2 year old daughter. Go figure.

No comments: