Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kick Zone

I'm feeling the baby move more and more these days. For the most part this is simply fantastic and so rewarding. It just seems so magical to me that the whole process is even possible and every time I feel the baby move, a smile comes to my face.

Even when it hurts.

Regardless of the location of the kick, it's a feeling that is nearly impossible to describe. I've read descriptions about it online before, where people claim it feels like bubbles in your tummy. I suppose in a way, that could be true. One big, quick bubble popping inside you. But if you've never experienced that, how would that description help you envision what it's like? The answer is it doesn't.

Anyhow... moving on...

I've decided that there really should be a designated kick zone for the baby.

"Kicking Out" zone:
These are the pleasant kicks. Let's have more of them. Any time the baby's movement resides in my tummy area, it's a good thing. This zone gives the baby the highest number of points and the baby should be rewarded (how do you do that?) for kicking in this area. Kicking Out Zone = 10 points.

"Kicking Up" zone:
I'm sure this will become more of an issue when the baby gets bigger, but essentially this is when the baby somehow (details are still unknown to modern science) gets UNDER the ribs. Kicking the ribs is never a good idea, even from the outside. It is no different when kicking them from the inside. Kicking Up Zone = -5 points.

"Kicking Back" zone:
To the best of my knowledge, this is when the baby kicks the bladder. Not good. Bad things happen when baby kicks the bladder. Gross, unexpected things. Or so I recall. I don't think this baby is big enough for that one yet either. Kicking Back Zoon = -5 points.

"Kicking Down" zone:
This is definitely one I'm dealing with now. I'm not really sure what is going on, but my best guess is that the baby is kicking downward, on to my cervix. This happened ALL the time yesterday. My poor coworkers weren't sure how to respond to me grimacing for a moment before continuing to pay attention to what they said. It's an unpleasant and very undescribable feeling. Kicking Down zone = -5 points.

So, Baby... there you have it. The rules on how you can score points with Mommy. Good luck and go win this game!

2 comments:

Iman Woods Creative said...

So some fun and not so fun things about feeling a baby move... :) This is SO funny. Do you think kickers from the womb are big kickers when they sleep later on?

Niffer said...

I'm thinking that the kicking is occurring when the baby is awake, but I guess there is no way of knowing. So instead of wondering if the child would kick a lot during their sleep later in life, I was wondering if this child would be more active in general because s/he is kicking more in the womb. I was wondering if it was a personality difference.