Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Last day at school

Ellie's last day at her daycare was on Friday and it was very bitter-sweet. I've gotten myself into such a funk over how much more expensive her current daycare is than her new one that I've been quite a bitter costumer. I created quite the drama too, since I found out that the director at the old daycare called the new director to b!+c# her out and insist that she needed to raise her prices. Without saying specific numbers, we're talking 50% more expensive! That's a big FIVE-ZERO!

However, it was sad to leave. We do like the current teachers. Mommy made them cards to thank them. I'm posting pictures here because I don't think I've ever mentioned that I've started making my own cards (It's a way to keep me from going overboard on the scrapbooks and it's quite fun).




Ellie even signed each card, but she's still working on perfecting her autograph. From the looks of it, though, I think there might be some med-school in this girl's future.


7 comments:

Iman said...

I didn't know about the drama with the change. I can't believe the director did that!!! The cards are beautiful and I'm sure the teachers were touched.

Anonymous said...

What a SUPERcute idea! I bet they loved your cards.

Hey, I have a proposition for you. For real. When I get married, will you help me w/ invitations & other paper stuff (programs, table cards, etc.)? It can be your present to me. =)

Jen

Unknown said...

I think that is really disappointing that the old director doesn't realize how big of a difference her prices are and the state of the economy. She should lower her prices....maybe not 50% but at least to stay competitive. And shame on her for her professionalism in calling the previous director in such a manner. One more reason for Ellie not to attend since those are the manners she is passing on thru the environment she has created (maybe not directly).

Niffer said...

Erin - that's a good point. I definitely think that the new director has a kinder soul.

Jen - I would love, love, love to help you with that sort of thing. Michael and I did all of that stuff for our wedding and I thought in many ways, it turned out so much better than the stuff you could buy. Oh, I'm so excited! You should get married soon!

Unknown said...

I wanna help too Jen! I loved it when Jen (my sister) and I worked on both of ours! :)

Niffer said...

Oh, I forgot to clarify something. The second place isn't 50% cheaper than the first. It's the opposite: The first place is 50% more expensive. Just to clarify.

Anonymous said...

Erin - Absolutely! I'll take all the cheery help I can get! =)

Jen - No announcements to make at this point, but the wheels are turning... We've been looking at rings! Shh, it's a semi-secret!